Stranded In The Southland

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Geekin' Out...

It's kind of lonely with M. off in England for a month and a half, but I've managed to keep fairly busy anyhow. I spent all last weekend manning a booth for my favorite open source operating system at an open source conference.

I've done this before, but it was a bit more dialed in this time. One of my pals from work helped out, along with a developer who came from way out of town. With three people working on this, it was a real pleasure.

I'm always delighted with the strange and wonderful projects that other folks are showing off there, whether it's a computer-controlled telescope or a full-scale mockup of a cockpit backed by an open-source flight simulator. It really makes me want to get off my butt and hack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home