Stranded In The Southland

Friday, November 23, 2007

I Am Now Two for Seven...

Yow, we didn't go flying Wednesday morning, due to ground fog. This means that I've actually gotten up into the air in two of the seven lessons I've scheduled. Bummer, but, I mean, WTF cares?

Well, I'm blogging this not just because of my inherent OCD-kinda obsession with journaling, but 'cause I keep looking at various "Learning to Fly" blogs, like 29R -- Nothing but blue skys, and I'm not grooving on the genre.

It seems to be all, "I just took a lesson, and gosh am I good at this, Chuck Yeager watch out!" And then a few more reports of fabulous progress, then a solo, then a bunch more flying. It's clear that a few lessons have been skipped and all that. I figured I might as well tell it like it is.

That, or I'm gettin' kinda boned on the learning to fly thing -- I suppose if I'd started during the summer, I might've had better luck with the weather, but I'd still be wrestling with planes and instructors and the rest...

1 Comments:

  • Ol' Dad Sez,
    Well, the weather sure is different in different places. Denver has many more clear days (where the buffalo roam) than other places. The Navy trains in Pensacola for more than old times sake. California is known for some glorious days, but in the aviation community it is famous for lousy mornings. No military primary or basic flight schools are west coast.
    Even in P'cola, we had days where there was no flying in primary or basic. Everybody had DXT(WX) in their log. Plus, we were scheduled every day and had to miss four or five days in a row to get WX'ed.
    Hang in there and don't lose the faith.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home