Stranded In The Southland

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Yet More Turns...

Wednesday also turned out to be a fine day for flying (although I continue to maintain that 8AM in not a civilized hour for anything). C. and I did a whole bunch of turns, climbs, and descents, I got to do a bit of the radio chatter, and even tried (and failed miserably) to make a turn around a point.

C. is a courteous guy, and a good instructor, although I'm not sure that we're perfect match. I'm such a big ol' geek, and I'm so happy to dive into books, I'm not sure that he's ready to deal with that. (And, really, there's a big difference between what you read and knowledge that you truly integrate and can act on, which is probably another blog post, anyway...)

I'm willing to just tough it out for awhile, anyway, as switching again would just be ridiculous. I'm working hard on all of the "book learning" required for this, filling out a pre-solo quiz (although I expect it may be January before I actually solo) and learning weather stuff. Surprisingly enough, the folks I know who recently became pilots claim that the weather stuff was the hardest. We'll see.

I have another lesson scheduled Sunday afternoon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home