Stranded In The Southland

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Waking Up At the Friggin' Crack Of Dawn

Okay, so the whole trip to the east coast was a bit of a last-minute affair, and I couldn't get too picky about when I left. So my flight to Washington left at 6:50AM, west coast time. I was up at 4:30AM. My sweetie, because she loves me, and because she is a sicko morning person, got up at 5AM to make me sandwiches.

That wasn't so bad. I've been staggering out of bed early for hikes for awhile now, so I knew I could make it. However, getting up at 4AM on the east coast to get another flight back at 6:40AM nearly broke me. For those who are playing along at home, that's 1AM, west coast time!

I got to the airport, got on my plane, and sorta drowsed through two flights. With my cold, my sinuses were killing me, and I could barely hear. I managed to catch BART up to San Francisco, and hook up with my baby, who was there for a conference. But I was definitely out of it. I staggered through the day, and crashed at 9PM.

I will never again do this to myself, unless I have a very comfy bed waiting for me at the end of the flight. It was just so painful to make it through a day feeling hollow and disconnected and just all-around nasty. Especially when I was visiting one of my favorite cities. Doh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home