Stranded In The Southland

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Random Canyon Wanderings

I slept in Monday rather than going on the off-trail hike; I tried to go up Icehouse Canyon to Cucamonga Peak, but found that there was ice within just a few hundred yards of the start of the hike. I have absolutely no desire to slip and hit my head and die of exposure all alone. :-)

Anyway, today I headed out with the usual Wednesday crowd to go by the grave of one of John Brown's sons, and on up to the waterfall at Millard Canyon. There weren't too many folks on the hike, but it was warm and pleasant and I enjoyed myself. We took it fairly easy, throughout, and had a bit of a chat.

Strangely enough, there were more women than men on this hike. I've never been on a Sierra Club hike that wasn't almost all men. Wild. The crowd is almost always guys, especially on the Hundred Peaks Section hikes. I suppose these easier and more relaxed hikes must make for a more balanced collection of people. Hmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home