Stranded In The Southland

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Finally Back In The Air

Pwhew, it's been awhile since I've been flying, as I was having some troubles getting access to the plane I'd been training in. First of all, it turned out that as soon as I went from student to private pilot, the flight school's insurance didn't cover me any longer, so I had to get some coverage (yow, I should've actually had coverage as a student, just in case!)

Then there were a couple of weeks of hassle as they tried to get the plane in for the inspection required of all rental aircraft after 100 hours of use. They couldn't inspect it until nearly the 100 hours were up, but somebody was going to get that last hour or so, then that failed and the plane sat around for a week unused 'cause nobody thought it was available, et cetera. It's amazing to me that these guys manage to stay in business.

Anyway, I got up Friday morning and spent some time in the pattern. I managed a few decent landings -- nothing I was really proud of, but nothing that was scaring me. Hopefully now I can continue with a series of flights to push the edges of my comfort zone and keep me learning!

1 Comments:

  • 'Ole Dad Sez,
    AH! that first flight LEGAL AND BY YOURSELF! The reality is that it takes about 1000 hours to start being proficient, but getting there is more than half the fun. After a month lay-off, you do get rusty.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home