Stranded In The Southland

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Murcia

We decided that the seven-hour bus trip from Granada to Valencia seemed a little tiring, so we stopped off in Murcia, a small university town about mid-way between the two larger cities. It was small and quiet and mostly devoid of other tourists.

In fact, we scored one of the cheapest rooms yet, and we still got WiFi with it! Yow, I managed to upload my pictures and we both just enjoyed being online. Ummm, maybe that´s kinda sad, but that´s the way it is.

In the morning, we wandered through a museum of an old mill, which had a bunch of cool exhibits on the side-shot waterwheels installed there in the 18th century. Yow, that´s pretty advanced! All of the commentary was in Spanish, so I was at a bit off a loss, but it was still fun to see it at least. Plus, M. translated the really good parts for me.

We also wandered around the fairly cool old cathedral there, but the tower was closed, so I didn´t get to do any more climbing. It is just as well, as my feet are killing me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home